Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Teaser Tuesday - The Gift of Rain by Tan Twan Eng

Happy Tuesday everyone! How's the year starting out for you? I'm slowly getting into the "moving" gear, since my uni-related stuff will be winding down and I'll be moving to a different prefecture next month. I've still got some time, but the thought of packing (especially all my books! I think I've double - maybe tripled - the number I own since I arrived) fills me with fear.

I finished The Bear and the Nightingale yesterday, and it was fantastic. Right now, I've just started The Gift of Rain, which is also very highly acclaimed (or at least so I've heard). I'm just hoping that the high from The Bear and the Nightingale doesn't influence how I feel about The Gift of Rain.

My teaser:
"On the day I was born, my father planted a casuarina tree. 
It was a tradition begun by his grandfather."
What about you? What are you reading?

How to participate in Teaser Tuesday: 
•Grab your current read 
• Open to a random page 
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page 
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!) 
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! Everyone loves Teaser Tuesday.

7 comments :

  1. Eep! I keep forgetting that I have The Bear and the Nightingale waiting to be read! I should really hop on that soon. I hadn't heard of the one you're reading now, but it sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting. And a fascinating cover.

    Mine this week is from a historical novel: https://wp.me/p3Nz8P-1aY

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have got to get my hands on The Bear and The Nightingale. I'm probably one of the few who hasn't read it yet. LOL Lovely cover for your choice. this week.

    My TT from Sweet Lake

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds good! Good luck with the moving. Last time I moved I had 60 boxes of books. I might have more this time. As usual, I have two this week - The Cold Eye by Laura Anne Gilman and Southern Gothic by Dale Wiley. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the cover of this. It's the first I've heard of it. I hope you're enjoying it. Here's the link to my intro/teaser for today: http://wp.me/p4DMf0-1s6

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^