Tuesday, January 31, 2017

In the Cities of Coin and Spice by Catherynne M. Valente

Hey everyone! It's Tuesday which means that it's time for another teaser. And if you were here last week - well, I decided to stop reading that book. I just wasn't enjoying it and there were so many more books to read, so I decided to read those.

Right now, I'm reading In the Cities of Coin and Spice, and I'm really enjoying it. The language is beautiful, and I like that the stories are all connected. I do get a bit confused at times, however. My teaser:
"I shall not dance until my bones crack," she said. "I shall dance every morning until my heart catches on the sun, and I fill up with gold like a crystal cup!"
What about you? What are you reading this week?
How to participate in Teaser Tuesday: 
•Grab your current read 
• Open to a random page 
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page 
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!) 
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! Everyone loves Teaser Tuesday.

5 comments :

  1. Good quote, but a disappointing cover. Needs a redesign!

    Mine this week is from Gone Girl https://wp.me/p3Nz8P-1ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the quote but wondering about how the cover ties in.

    My TT from The Dog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the teaser you shared, Eustacia. I enjoy books with interconnected stories. This one sounds really interesting (I couldn't help but look it up on Goodreads)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely give the two books a go! But it's best to read them in order because then the stories will all make sense.

      Delete
  4. The title and teaser really captured my interest but I can't say I like the cover picture. Here's my link for this week: http://wp.me/p4DMf0-1ti

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^