Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Teaser Tuesday - Sisters of Fortune

Hey everyone! Hope you've had a good start to the week(:

Right now, I'm reading Sisters of Fortune, a biography of the Caton sisters. I picked this up for RM 5, and so far, I'm enjoying it! It's a bit formal in tone, but that's par for the course when it comes to biography.

My teaser:
"While Louisa could turn to her religious faith and memories of Felton and their married life, she could not turn to their children for consolation. Her childlessness became more poignant in widowhood." (page 168)
What about you? What are you reading?

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by Jenn of Books and a Beat. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read 
  • Open to a random page 
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page 
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!) 
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

8 comments :

  1. Your teaser sounds so sad :(
    Mine for this week: https://collinesblog.com/2016/10/04/teaser-tuesday-the-murderers-daughter/

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very poignant extract... This is my offering -
    https://sjhigbee.wordpress.com/2016/10/04/teaser-tuesday-4th-october-2016/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Infertility is so heartwrenching. And I wonder about all of the women who are deliberately childless now, if they will regret it in their senior years.

    Mine this week from The Girl from the Sea: https://wp.me/p3Nz8P-Wu

    ReplyDelete
  4. My heart goes out to Louisa. This sounds like a worthwhile read, Eustacia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I'm only halfway through, but it really opened my eyes to a whole new world.

      Delete
  5. I can't tell you when I last read a biography. This one sounds interesting. My teaser this week comes from the latest Otherworld anthology - Otherworld Chills by Kelley Armstrong. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard of the Caton sisters so maybe I should give this a whirl. Although, that is a really sad teaser. Here's my link: http://wp.me/p4DMf0-1jv

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^