Thursday, February 27, 2014

Nice Cup of Tea and a Sit Down by Nicey and Wifey

To be honest, I bought this book because some guy that I've never heard of wrote "I love this book" on the cover. But, since the style of the book reminds me so much of Guy Browning, it seems like the cover testimonial was spot on. I read it on the subway home, and while I managed to control myself and not laugh out loud, I probably made a few ridiculous faces. I say so because when I looked up, the person sitting opposite me was giving me a strange face.

This book is about tea, biscuits and the British practice of having an nice cup of tea and a sit down. It's supposed to be about biscuit reviews and how to make tea, but it's just too entertaining. I may have learnt something too, but don't ask me what. I just feel slightly more knowledgable about biscuits now. There are some science bits inside as well, so I suppose you can try to persuade yourself this is educational somehow.

Educational.

Educational.

Edu-Nah, it's just entertaining.

And now, I have a rather strong craving for biscuits. And a bunch of other childhood snacks.

I'm actually not really sure who to recommend it to, so I'm going go with "if you like Guy Browning's sort of humour, you'll like this book." And of course, if you're a fan of tea (like me!) and biscuits (like me!) and even a bit of cake (me! Wait, here's a moment where I'm thankful for my metabolism), you'll probably enjoy this book.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^