Monday, February 24, 2014

Do Your Laundry or You'll Die Alone by Becky Blades

Lately, if I answer a phone call/video call from my mom with a sore throat or a blocked nose, she automatically thinks I'm crying. This is due to my sister, who during her 6 month stay in China, would call at 2am and cry. So while my mother never wrote a bunch of witty advice and published it, I know she cares and worries.

So I suppose, this book could be how she expressed her care and worry, if she knew about it and bought me the book. The motherly love in this book is really evident anyway.

This is one of those books that you'll pick up time and time again. It's full of advice, some witty, some heartfelt, all of them full of love. Plus, I find the book very pretty:

I actually want to use this as my home screen. 
This book is really hard to summarise, since it's a collection of advice, so here's another screenshot for you:

I will wear that dress to Paris!
If you're in university, or you know someone in university, buy this book for them. There's even a few empty pages at the back for you to write your advice down, making it a personalised gift.

I think I'll buy myself a copy.

Disclaimer: I got a free copy from the publishers via NetGalley in exchange for a free and honest review. I was not required to gush over the book like this.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^