Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Teaser Tuesday - The Children of Hurin by J.R.R. Tolkien

Today's teaser comes from a book I bought at the start of summer but just started reading - The Children of Hurin by J.R.R. Tolkien. It's the prequel of the prequel (it's way way before even The Hobbit) and I can't wait to read it!

Here come the teaser:

"But at evening Turin looked west into the sunset, as the sun rode down red into the hazes above the far distant coasts, and the Vale of Narog lay deep in the shadows between.  
So began the abiding of Turin son of Hurin in the halls of Mim, in Bar-en-Danwedh, the House of Ransom." (page 136)
What is your teaser this week?

Teaser Tuesday is hosted by MizB of ShouldBeReading. To participate, simple share your two sentence teaser with the title and author of the book.

6 comments :

  1. Nice teaser - I've had this book on my shelf and I love LOTR. I haven't found the motivation to get through this one yet though - I've heard mixed things. Can't wait to see what you made of the book! Nice teaser.

    Here is mine: http://gulp-fiction.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/teaser-tuesday_12.html

    I am now following you on Google+

    Best Wishes,

    Amber @ Gulp Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book has been on my TBR forever! Thanks for sharing.
    http://cupandchaucer.wordpress.com/2013/11/12/teaser-tuesday-november-12/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope that you are having better luck with this book than I had. I just couldn't get through it. Can't wait to read your review! ~Deanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope I get through it soon too :D

      ^_^

      Delete
  4. Nice teaser. I confess, this book has been sitting on my shelf unread for too long. Thanks for shring!

    My teaser:
    http://booksojourner.blogspot.com/2013/11/teaser-tuesday-25-rome.html

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^