Monday, May 27, 2013

How To Analyze Information by Herbert E. Meyer

This pamphlet is an introduction to analyzing information. I picked it up thinking it could provide helpful tips, but didn't help at all (It was all stuff that I already knew).

I can't say anything about what the book says because if I do, I will be be giving away the whole of the book. Since I'm being honest (and since I'm writing an honest review anyway), I'll just continue and say that the book disappointed me. I suppose it's because I was looking for something that could help me write essays (for example, something like "how to spot bias in writing") rather than just tell me generally what I need to do to write an essay (for example: Step Four is 'Determine What You Need to Know')

This book is really for those who have never analysed anything in their life. Actually, thinking about it, it might be best for primary school (I believe the equivalent in sometimes called elementary school) students, it is that simple.

Disclaimer: I got a free copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for a free and honest review.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^