Sunday, July 1, 2012

Liebster Blog Award

I can't believe that it's the first day of July! Where did the first half of the year go to? And more importantly, where have this last two months gone? It still feels as though I've just arrived in Japan. And to celebrate the first day of the second half of the year, I'm so happy to say that I've been tagged/won the Liebster Blog Award from Rie (thank you!).

The Liebster blog award is for "small" blogs (below 200 followers). Those tagged have to share 11 things about themselves, answer 11 questions and then tag another 11 people (oh dear, I always have a problem with the tagging part....). But anyway, without further ado, here are 11 random things about me:

1. I actually enjoy reading business textbooks/case studies.
2. That doesn't mean I enjoy studying though.
3. I started getting an interest in Japan not from anime/manga (though that is a fairly big reason), but from reading Silence by Shusaku Endo
4. And of course, the only reason why I came up with the topic I had for my Extended Essay (it's a graduation thesis) is because I insisted on analysing Silence.
5. I spent the first 12 years of my education in the same school system (basically, the same family of schools - so around the same school culture) but for university, I ended up in Japan (which is the most unexpected thing that I could have done).
6. I decided at Secondary 3 (age 15) that I wanted to come to Japan on this scholarship (I applied for it last year, when I was 17 going-on 18).
7. And I told everybody that I was -definitely- going to do this (I didn't even apply for my back-up plan of University in England)
8. I'm in Kendo
9. Even though I was in Robotics, I can't do programming (I'm better at presentations and writing proposals)
10. I love Hello Kitty
11. I don't know/don't like putting on make up or other (what I call) "girly stuff". But I wear lots of dresses because they're the most convenient thing to put on.

11 Questions from Rie
1. When did you discover your love of books?
Umm... I don't know! I grew up loving books (I remember being scolded for reading under my desk when I was 7). But it definitely intensified as I grew older.

2. Where do you read the most?
I don't have a reading nook (sadly). I tend to read anywhere I can.

3. Can you read whilst listening to music or whilst the TV is on?
Music yes, TV.... um, I won't be able to tell you what the programme was about. I think generally, I can read and listen to something, but my eyes can't focus on two things at one go.
4. What do you eat for breakfast?
Right now? Cornflakes. Last wee? Anko Donuts, Next week? Depends on what is cheap/on offer at the supermarket. :D

5. Why did you decided to start blogging?
Honestly, I needed a way to keep track of the books I read, and I hadn't heard of Goodreads or LibraryThing back then. That's why most of my posts are reviews and not much of author interviews or memes and such.

6. Why do you blog about books?
Well, I actually have a blog about my life in Japan. I didn't want to mix the two up. And well, most of the personal blogs I started before (when I was about 12?) all stopped because I got too lazy to post. But I'm forever excited about the books I read, which gives me motivation to write.
7. Tea, Coffee or Hot Chocolate?
Hot Chocolate for sure! Green Tea is second though(:

8. What is your worst habit?
Reading too much. Either that or Reading-and-(something). E.g. walking, eating, chatting with friends, etc.

9. Hardback or paperback book?
The prettier one. And nowadays, the cheaper one.

10.Who is your favourite author?
...
...
...
I can't decide! It really all depends on my mood.

11. What do you want to be doing / where do you want to be in 5 years time
Hopefully, graduating from University (I'm graduating late because of the language year). After that, well, anything goes!

Before I announce the list of bloggers, here are my questions
1. Do you have a favourite genre or do ignore genres when you choose your books?
2. Most overrated book you read
3. Most underrated book you read
4. Cats or Dogs
5. How many languages do you read it?
6. How do you make time to read
7. If you have 10 000 (insert home currency), what would you do with it?
8. What are some stereotypes about bookworms that you think aren't true
9. iPad or Kindle (or Nook or other tablet
10. If you had to run out of a burning library, which books would you save
11. Speaking of burning books, have you ever read Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury?

Ok, so here are the winners
...
...
...
I'm sorry, apparently, all the blogs I want to give awards to have above 200 subscribers

... O...TL

Please wait while I try to find bloggers (I'm currently looking at blogs I comment on the most because if I don't feel like commenting...

Alright, so here are some truly noteworthy blogs I can't believe I overlooked (I'm slowly adding them):
1. Sandee from Books, Books and more Books
2. Brittany from A Pursuit of Happiness
3. Charlene from The Literary Word

6 comments :

  1. Thank you for answering my questions! I have really enjoyed reading everyone's answers and learning more about the bloggers themselves :)

    Love Rie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks (again) for tagging me! I had fun answering the questions

      ^_^

      Delete
  2. I think it's wonderful you took a chance and are studying in Japan.

    I like your reason for wearing dresses. That sounds about like my reasoning for wearing skirts.

    I'm a hot chocolate woman too. :-)

    I enjoyed reading your responses and getting to know you better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      Haha, I actually started wearing skirts only because I realised wearing jeans felt warmer. :p

      Hot chocolate FTW!

      Thanks for commenting!

      ^_^

      Delete
  3. Aw. I'm so glad you consider my blog noteworthy, and I love the award. Now that I'm back to posting regularly, I'm going to go and do my post, and answer your questions!

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^