Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Teaser Tuesdays - The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver

I'm Baaack! And the happy tone in my voice and smile on my face (that can't be seen or heard) is because I won my scholarship to go to Japan for university!! Praise God! ^_^

Anyway, today's Teaser Tuesday is from The Poisonwood Bible. I think it's another one of those books I'm supposed to have read but haven't. But since I found it for $2, I figured it couldn't hurt to try reading it. So far, the language is awesome. Characters are annoying, but I suspect intentionally so.

"By then, I was lodged in the heart of darkness, so thoroughly bent to the shape of marriage I could hardly see any other way to stand. Like Methuselah I cowered beside my cage and though my soul hankered after the mountain, I found, like Methuselah, I had no wings."

I'm glad of this teaser now. The book is so thick I might have missed the Joseph Conrad's Heart of Darkness allusion. Intertextuality is wonderful!

1 comment :

  1. Τhe matchless meѕѕage, is pleasаnt
    to me :)
    Take a look at my page : wordpress blog

    ReplyDelete

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^