Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Cat Who Saw Red by Lilian Jackson Braun

I haven't posted in quite some time, mostly cause I ran out of books (and partly because I'm supposed to be studying :p) but I went to the library on Saturday, and managed to borrow lots of books. I really adore the library whenever they give "promotions" such as letting you borrow twice as many books ^^ Although I really should cut down the number of books I read, since the opportunity cost of reading many books would be studying for my exams (Today was the day for Economics revision).

I thought I had read all the "The Cat Who..." Series by Lilian Jackson Braun, so I was pleasantly surprised when I found one book that I haven't read. While I've read more of her later books (which are set in Moose County), this book is just as good (From Wikipedia: It's the fourth in her series).

Anyway, this book talks about pottery and murder. Oh and food. Unlikely combinations, but mixed quite well. The book, like all the rest, is light-hearted (even though it's a whodunit) although the mystery was as good (but this series seems to be more about the characters than the mysteries). For The Cat Who Saw Red, one of the characters (new) was so unpleasant that it was rather obvious that he was the killer, although the way he disposed of the bodies was ... unexpected.

I'm actually not sure how to talk about this book. It's not very long, so if I say too much, I may unwittingly give away the whole plot. Hmm.... I think, I'll just say that this series really should be read, and end my post before it gets tedious to read(:

No comments :

Post a Comment

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^