Thursday, March 31, 2011

Son of a Witch (Gregory Maguire)

This book, which normally reminds people of another, more vulgar expression, happens to be the sequel to the enthralling book "Wicked". But sadly, it fell short of all the high expectations I had for it.

To be brief (because there's not much I want to say about it), this book should only be read if you've read Wicked before and can still remember the plot. Otherwise, you'd be confused by all the references to Elphaba (the Wicked Witch of the West). There are also several characters which make no sense without the first book (which characterised most of the characters except perhaps two people).

Plot-wise, it didn't make that much sense to me. I suppose that since I read Wicked last year, I cannot really remember the intricacies of the plot. Which, for me, isn't very good, since sequels, should be able to stand alone (or give you an update, like Maximum Ride and Eragon).

There's nothing much more to say, so Cya~

No comments :

Post a Comment

I really do appreciate all comments, and I'll try my best to reply within 24 hours!

^_^